WHAT ARE THE CONDITIONS OF ENTRY FOR EXECUTIVE HIRE SHOW?
We recommend that all exhibitors pre-register in advance of the event and print their badge at home to ensure limited contact and a quicker arrival once at the venue.
We will be asking all attendees (including exhibitors, visitors contractors, venue and organiser staff) to show proof of COVID-19 status on arrival at the venue, this will need to be one of the following in the form of:
- A valid NHS COVID-19 Pass shown via the NHS App or downloaded and saved to your phone’s wallet. For those requiring digital assistance, a valid paper copy can be ordered online or by calling the NHS 119 telephone service.
- A lateral flow or PCR negative test result confirmation text or e-mail, received within 48 hours prior to attending the event.
- An EU Digital COVID Certificate. International exhibitors can show their equivalent COVID Pass from their country of origin.
- Those with medical exemptions or who have taken part in COVID-19 clinical trials will also need to bring proof of status to gain entry with a lateral flow or PCR negative test result confirmation text or e-mail received within 48 or a valid digital NHS COVID Pass (a paper exemption COVID Pass will be available shortly according to the NHS website).
- Proof of natural immunity will not be accepted as an alternative to proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test, and we can no longer permit entry to those who self-declare.
- Whilst we only ask for one of the above pieces of COVID-status certification, we always encourage those who are double vaccinated/had their booster to also take a lateral flow test before entering the venue.
Lateral flow tests are available from the NHS website or your local pharmacy.
WHY DO I NEED TO PROVE MY COVID-19 STATUS?
Executive Hire Show will be implementing COVID-status checks to help reduce the risk of COVID-19, and ensure the safety of our exhibitors, visitors, staff, contractors and partners. As of the 15th December 2021, the UK Government have made these checks mandatory at large events through the use of the NHS COVID Pass.
Current information and guidance suggest that verifying attendees COVID-19 Status is an effective way of reducing the risk of transmission among large groups. Studies of those who have received a full vaccination course demonstrate that the risk of carrying and transmitting the disease is vastly reduced. For those not vaccinated, a lateral flow test has been proven as a reliable way of indicating if people are currently carrying the virus. Therefore, this evidence suggests that this is the best way to keep everyone safe.
HOW DO I SHOW PROOF OF MY COVID-19 STATUS?
If you are a resident in England:
Via the NHS COVID Pass which lets you share your coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination records or test COVID-19 status in a secure way.
Or proof of your negative Lateral Flow Test. To get proof of this, you need to report your results to the NHS. You can do this via using one of the below optIons – you will need the QR Code, or the ID number from the test strip to report your result.
- Report online: gov.uk/report-covid19-result
- Or report by telephone – Lines are open every day, 7am to 11am England, Wales and Northern Ireland: 119 (Free from mobiles and landlines) Scotland: 0300 303 2713 (charged at your standard network rate)
You can show proof of a negative Lateral Flow Test via the NHS COVID-19 Pass, an email or text message.
HOW DO I ACCESS THE NHS COVID PASS?
Access the NHS COVID Pass through the NHS App
You can access your NHS COVID Pass through the free NHS App on a mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet. Proof of your COVID-19 status will be shown within the NHS App.
Access the NHS COVID Pass through the NHS website.
You can view your COVID-19 status online and download or print it as a PDF document. To access the service, you’ll need to register for an NHS login if you do not have one already. NHS login registrations may take longer than usual when there are high numbers of requests.
If you do not have access to a smart phone, computer or tablet. You can request an NHS COVID Pass letter:
- Or by calling 119 (select the ‘NHS COVID Pass service’)
To find out more about the NHS COVID Pass click here
Please note the NHS App (which contains the NHS COVID Pass) is different from the NHS Covid App used for Track and Trace.
HOW DO I GET MY COVID PASS TO GAIN ENTRY TO THE EVENT IF I’M A EXHIBITOR FROM SCOTLAND, WALES OR NORTHERN IRELAND?
If you live in Scotland, you can find out how to obtain your vaccination status here
If you live in Wales, you can find out how to obtain your vaccination status here
If you live in Northern Ireland you must supply paper proof of vaccination from your GP, or alternatively show a negative lateral flow test result.
IF I’M ATTENDING THE EVENT OVER MULTIPLE DAYS, AND I’M NOT VACCINATED, WILL I NEED TO PROVIDE MULTIPLE TEST RESULTS?
We kindly request that all exhibitors complete your COVID test within 48 hours before arriving at your event. If you are attending an event for a long period and it exceeds the 48-hour limit, then you will need to provide additional test results. Please remember to bring your lateral flow tests with you to ensure you have sufficient numbers for your stay.
DO I NEED TO WEAR A FACE COVERING?
Current government guidance stipulates that face coverings are required in most indoor public settings, including exhibition halls. This means that face coverings MUST be worn by anybody within the event space, including all exhibitors, visitors, contractors and staff. Some exemptions do apply and the full detail of this can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own
WILL THERE BE HAND SANITISER AVIALABLE?
Hand sanitising stations will be available onsite in high traffic areas. It is also mandatory for each stand to have prominent hand sanitisers and/or wipes displayed on their stand.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I FEEL UNWELL WITH SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19?
Please do not attend the event if you are displaying any COVID-19 symptoms. If you should start to feel unwell whilst at the event, please follow government advice by leaving the event and arrange a PCR test immediately.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I DO NOT HAVE THE NHS APP?
Proof of a NHS negative Lateral Flow Test taken within 48hrs prior to attending the event can be used and shown via the NHS App, SMS text or via email – remember to register the result first via the options noted under ‘How do I show proof of my COVID-19 Status?
Proof of vaccine can also be displayed via the NHS website or by downloading and printing off a PDF.
A non-digital letter is also available through the NHS website using the ‘Get your coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination status letter’ service or by phoning 119.
WHAT HAPPENS IF THERE HAS ONLY BEEN ONE WEEK BETWEEN MY SECOND VACCINATION AND THE EVENT?
In this circumstance, proof of a negative NHS lateral flow test taken within 48hurs prior to attending the event would be required, and can be displayed via the NHS App, SMS text, or via email.
WHO IS EXEMPT FROM COVID-19 STATUS CHECKS?
If you have received a trial vaccine as part of a formally approved COVID-19 vaccine trial in the UK, you will be able to prove your status through the NHS COVID Pass or with a letter confirming your participation in the trial from your trial site.
If you have a medical reason which means you cannot be vaccinated or tested, you may be asked to self-declare this medical exemption.
IF I AM TRAVELLING FROM OUTSIDE OF THE UK, WILL THERE BE ANY RESTRICTIONS AND HOW DO I PROVE MY COVID STATUS?
It is the government’s responsibility to manage COVID-19 status requirements at the borders. As event organisers’ it is our responsibility to manage all attendees on arrival at the event. We welcome international attendees on the basis they can prove their COVID-19 Status as defined by the government at the time of the event.
A valid certification document from your country of origin is required.
An EU Digital COVID Certificate, Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales COVID Certificate or equivalents (digital or paper) will be accepted.
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY FULL COURSE VACCINATION?
The Government website defines a full course vaccination as follows:
2 weeks after completing a full course of vaccination, whether that requires 2 doses or one dose (that is, 2 doses of the Moderna, AstraZeneca or Pfizer vaccine, or 1 dose of the Janssen vaccine) (according to the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency authorised schedule).
WILL YOU BE PROVIDING COVID TESTS TO TAKE ON ENTRY TO YOUR VENUE FOR EXHIBITORS WHO HAVE NOT BEEN VACCINATED?
As organisers, we will not be providing COVID tests at the venue.
We strongly advise that in the interest of speed of entry on arrival and your own personal convenience, that individuals take personal responsibility for their health and order free tests in advance from the NHS website/ pick them up from their local pharmacy.
If you cannot provide proof of a negative lateral flow or PCR taken within 48 hours, or proof of immunity, and are not exempt you may be refused entry to the event.
I WILL BE WORKING ON BUILD UP/SETUP AND BREAKDOWN FOR AN EXHIBITOR, BUT I WON’T BE ATTENDING THE EVENT ITSELF, DO I STILL HAVE TO PROVIDE COVID STATUS CERTIFICATION?
Yes, we kindly ask that you provide proof of your COVID status via an NHS COVID Pass when arriving at the venue. Please remember that we ask that if you are completing a lateral flow or PCR test, the negative result must be taken within 48 hours of arriving at the venue. You may therefore need to provide additional test results to cover your time on-site with us.
WHAT OTHER MEASURES WILL THERE BE AT THE EVENT?
- Allocated time slots for unloading and loading during build up and breakdown
- Clear signage at the event to support relevant safety measures
- Enhanced venue cleaning prior to and during the exhibition
- Continuous sanitisation throughout the exhibition focusing on high-touch point areas e.g. toilets, door handles and lifts
- Hand sanitising stations provided throughout the exhibition
- Hygiene reminders to regularly wash hands will be in place throughout the venue
- Well ventilated venue
- Safer payments – contactless payments will be encouraged throughout via card or phone, with an email receipt wherever possible