41 – 50 reasons why you can’t afford to miss the 8th annual hire event – doors open at 9am Wednesday 12th February! Miss it and you’ll be missing out!
The 2014 Executive Hire Show is sold out! The event is set to be the biggest show to date, with a record 148 exhibitors, over 70 new products and 10 finalists in the Innovation Trail. Show
Multidrum at the EHS
41) Multidrum is an embryonic company that has designed and patented a soil screener attachment to fit on to a Belle Minimix 150 cement mixer. The company says that, until now, it has been selling the product via its website with relatively good results, but that it has been constantly asked if it can be hired by the day, or for a weekend.
This has led Multidrum to believe that its main target market is with hire companies, rather than individual customers who only require the screener for small quantities of material.
New Products from Off-Grid at the EHS
42) Off Grid Energy Described as a representing a revolution in the provision of power for hire applications, the Energy Cube can reduce the running costs and emissions from conventional generating sets by up to 80%, as well as delivering other environmental benefits that include substantial noise reduction and integration with renewable resources. It is available in a number of formats and sizes for power needs ranging between 1 and 100kW.
Peli Lighting Up the Executive Hire Show
43) Peli area lights offer powerful, rechargeable LED lighting as a safe, economic alternative to generator powered units. They can be set up quickly by untrained personnel. With instant light activation and silent operation, Peli says the lights are rugged and dependable, with a light duration up to 40 hours (models 9460/70) from a single charge.
The new Peli 9420 LED work light will be on display at the Show. Compact and easily carried, it folds down to just 74cm long. The mast extends above 1.5m, allowing a wide area of illumination.
Postpullers making pulling posts a doddle!
44) Postpullers designs and manufactures a range of machines for the easy removal of all kinds of posts and their concrete footings, from fence posts to highway barrier posts, which can be removed in under two minutes without the need for any digging. Regularly used by contractors and members of the public, the machines are designed to be robust and reliable, with very low maintenance requirements.
The products are manufactured in the UK specifically for the hire market. Each produces at least 4 tonnes of pulling force, with both manual and powered versions available. EHS 2014 will see the launch of an engine powered machine range.
Elebia Autohook in Action!
45) Red Plant specialises in offering the ‘elebia’ auto-hook, a special crane hook that allows the user to remotely attach and release a load without any manual handling. The second generation of auto-hooks are available, and will be featured on the company’s stand.
46) Redwood Global is entering the market with a bang, the all-new Forst wood chipper is claimed to have quickly become a favourite with hire companies across the UK. Manufactured by arboricultural machinery specialist, Redwood Global, and launched in March 2013, the Forst machine has been developed to offer many quality, performance and design features to make it the perfect hire machine.
The brand has been launched with a wheeled and tracked variant of the hire industry’s most popular size chipper, having a 6in x 8in capacity. Forst machines come as standard with a 3 year warranty and are described as combining rock solid build quality at a price representing true value for money.
47) Ritelite will display a new mobile lighting tower suitable for sports facilities, events and construction sites. The K50 and K65 models have 5m and 6.5m mast heights respectively, and mains, generator and battery powered options are available, with metal halide or LED lamps. They are designed to be easily transported and to be set up by one person in minutes.
Also on display will be a new K9 hand-held LED light powered by a rechargeable battery and offering up to eight hours working time, along with the K8 hand-held LED torch that provides up to 13 hours’ operation and can be charged from a vehicle’s power socket.
48) Rothenburger will be exhibiting the latest in pipe tool technology for the construction, mechanical services, HVAC and facilities management trades.
Pipe jointing equipment, drain inspection and cleaning, pipe freezing as well as cutting and bending equipment, will all be displayed at the Show, and all are available from the company’s UK distribution centre.
49) Seddons and sister company, BrownPower, are to exhibit a new range of pollution prevention products including Green Rhino oil and sediment filters, and de-watering packs. Live demonstrations on removing sediment, oil and other hydrocarbons from water using these products can be seen over both days.
Other products being showcased by Seddons will include wash bays, spill kits and, as one of the hire industry’s premier parts suppliers, will present its new parts and accessories catalogue, with over 600 fast-moving lines.
50) Shindaiwa will show the full range of ECO. New for 2014 is the Powercenter 15 multi-voltage generator, a super-silent, fully bunded model designed to offer three voltages simultaneously. Also on show will be the Airman PDS130 and PDS185 super-silent mobile screw compressors, together with Petrocube self-bunded, baffled fuel cubes.